At the end of this class, you will be asked to craft a metacognitive cover letter for your ePortfolio that explains how your work in the course meets the course outcome of ENC 1101. To practice your metacognitive skills, after each Task you will complete a short reflection that asks you to connect your work in that Task with the course outcomes and the pathways for demonstrating these outcomes.
As you write your metacognitive cover letter for the ePortfolio, feel free to return to these mini-reflections to help you craft your cover letter. You may find that, with some revision and additional evidence, much of your cover letter will be written after completing all three of these reflections throughout the semester!
First, review the course outcome for ENC 1101.
- Pay attention not only to the four outcomes themselves but also to the pathways for demonstrating them listed under each outcome.
- It is okay if you feel that you have not completely met or even started to meet all of these outcomes. Remember that these are outcomes for the end of the course, not right now.
Next, craft a 250-word response that answers the following questions:
- What course outcomes do you feel that this Unit's Major Paper addressed?
- What pathways for meeting the outcome(s) did you see yourself engaging in as you completed this assignment?
- How does your paper demonstrate your understanding of the outcomes and what is the importance of the outcomes to your writing?
- Are there specific points in your paper where you can see yourself meeting the outcome(s)? Feel free to quote your own work (with proper citations) here!
Remember: You are not describing that you accomplished certain outcomes, but you are arguing for how your work accomplishes the outcomes.